Five Healthy Habits: Here are some tools to help you live longer and stronger
- Set an example to your children and others by Moving More.
- A good starting goal is at least 150 minutes a week, but if you don’t want to keep tabs on time, just get moving! Find forms of exercise you like and build more opportunities to be active into your daily routine.
- Check out ways you can get fit in July, when we celebrate fresh air fitness month. This month, head outdoors and get active! Show us how you are enjoying the outdoors on social media with Healthy For Good.
- Remember all the risks of smoking and why you should quit.
- Plan for the urges to smoke and identify triggers.
- Take this assessment and see how confident you can resist the urge to smoke in situations presented as you move forward.
Keeping a healthy body weight
- Recognize common roadblocks in your weight loss journey.
- Once you’ve lost weight, here are tips on how you can work to keep it off.
- Join the movement to be Healthy For Good™ and get the tips and tricks you need on your journey – we’re with you every step of the way!
- Check out these simple cooking tips and healthy recipe ideas.
- Learn how to eat clean by emphasizing fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Make healthy eating easier for you, your family and your community by taking action and writing to fast food giants.
Drink alcohol in moderation
- Know how limiting alcohol can boost your health and lower your blood pressure.
- “Moderation” means an average of one to two drinks per day for men and one drink per day for women.
According to research, any of the individual behaviors can help extend your life, and all five of the following give you the best chance of being good for healthy.