The Full form of AMPS is Advanced Mobile Phone System, or AMPS stands for Advanced Mobile Phone System, or the full name of given abbreviation is Advanced Mobile Phone System.
AMPS (Advanced Mobile Phone System)
Advanced Mobile Phone System is known as AMPS, Advanced Mobile Phone System (AMPS) was an analog mobile phone system standard originally developed by Bell Labs and later modified in a cooperative effort between Bell Labs and Motorola.
It was officially introduced in the Americas on October 13, 1983, Israel in 1986, Australia in 1987, Singapore in 1988, and Pakistan in 1990.
It was the primary analog mobile phone system in North America (and other locales) through the 1980s and into the 2000s. As of February 18, 2008, carriers in the United States were no longer required to support AMPS and companies such as AT&T and Verizon Communications have discontinued this service permanently.
AMPS was discontinued in Australia in September 2000, in Pakistan by October 2004, in Israel by January 2010, and Brazil by 2010.
Other full forms of AMPS
- Advanced Mobile Phone Service
- Analysis of Microelectronic and Photonic Structures
- Advanced Mobile Phone System
- Atmosphere, Magnetosphere, and Plasmas In Space
- Atmospheric Magnetospheric Plasma System
- Account Management and Provisioning System
- Asset Management and Project Solutions
- Aviation Movement Planning System
- Aviation Mission Planning System
- Automated Mission Planning System
All the above full forms are related to AMPS. A little information is given about one of these full forms. If you are not satisfied with the information given about 'Advanced Mobile Phone System ( AMPS)', then comment. Or if you know more about 'Advanced Mobile Phone System ( AMPS)', then write.